When it comes to vacation, we don’t take enough time for ourselves. We tend to get super involved in the here and now but never take the much needed time to have some self-care that we deserve. Now that the summer months are approaching and warmer weather is calling now is the time to take that vacation! However, before you get too excited you’ll want to make some of these important items on your ‘what to get done before vacation’ list slips your mind. What are those items you might be thinking? I’ve got a few that are essential before leaving for your cruise, beach, or ski trip so buckle up and let’s go!
- Pay Your Bills- If you have bills that are going to be due during your time away from a computer or a phone, you may want to make sure that you have it scheduled for automatic payment! The worst thing that could happen would be that you would get an outstanding balance or worse, you see it when you get back!
- Notify Bank and Phone Of Travel Dates- Make sure that you call the number on the back of your credit card or debit card to let them know where you will be traveling and the dates of those travel dates as well. Your bank may be partnered with a foreign bank which allows you to have free cash withdrawals too. You don’t want to them to cancel your card or put a freeze on it while you’re traveling abroad. The same goes for your phone bill- they have some great plans when you travel so it doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg when going somewhere and you want to call or text someone of what you’re doing.
- Make Copies Of Essential Documents – If you’re a nervous traveler or even just to be play it safe, you want to make copies of your credit card, passport and even your itinerary for someone in case you lose them on your trip. It can be either an electronic or hard copy but just make sure you’ll be able to get access it when you need it.
- Double check electrical fixtures/outlets – A few friends have shared horror stories of coming back and realizing that they had left their flat iron on upstairs in the bathroom and almost caught fire, or that faulty light that finally sparked and caught fire in their house! You don’t want to take any chances especially if you aren’t having anyone come over and check on your house while you are gone. My advice would be to call an electrical company to make sure everything is up to code and able to be repaired before you leave. A reliable and knowledgeable electrical company in the Jacksonville area is American Electric. Mike Murphy, the brain behind the company is the leader and the founder of such a trustworthy company whose one goal is to lead a company with honesty and integrity as well as able to be available to 100 percent for each and every client they have. They deliver optimal results, inspect what expect and follow up to ensure your true satisfaction. The friendly staff at American Electric also make safety paramount in every job and service call as well as provide cutting edge and quality workmanship to help all of your small and large projects.
- Have An Out Of Office Response – Make sure any appointments or commitments that you have scheduled during your trip are either taken care of before you leave or reschedule them to a later date. It’s also essential to have an ‘out of office’ email to let others know that you are out of town and when you will getting back to them so they know you are not ignoring them.
- Stop The Mail – Similar to having an out of office for work, make sure that no mail or packages are going to come to your house while your away. If you have trustworthy neighbors, see if they can bring any of these items inside for you or for peace of mind, go ahead and just stop your mail and have them hold it until you return at the post office. It’s pretty simple to do too.
Now that you have some ideas on what you need to do before you leave what are some other ideas I may have missed or better yet, what is the first thing you’re going to cross off your list before you leave? I would try and get an appointment in with your electrician because the last thing you would want to happen is your house isn’t there when you return!
Free Blog Planner
Download to grab your free blog planner to get organized!