Wouldn’t you like to get paid to party? Trust me, it’s possible! In this week’s podcast, Krystal and Jen talk about how to get sponsored campaigns for parties with brands. While there are many ways to do this, here are a few tips for party planning, setting it up, and how to score some free party supplies to create a set up in a hurry!
From party printables to affiliate networks to join, there are a few tips to get you started. Have any more questions? Leave them in the comments! We are happy to help you learn how to do more with your blog!
Brands Pay Bloggers to Host Parties
Party planning is a lot of work but it is fun. Plan family parties, birthday parties or outdoor events where you prepare recipes, make cocktails, take photos and blog about it.
The Foodie Patootie gives a break down of revenue from a food brand party campaign. This series is through Mode Media’s foodie channel for tequila.
Article Topics in Series:
- Backyard/Patio Party to Kick off Summer
- Beach Margarita
- Best Grilling Recipes Using Tequila
- $200 for writing each blog post
- $40 to reimburse for supplies for each recipe
- $75 per post to share an image on Pinterest
- $50 per post to share an image on Instagram
ShareASale.com offers many party affiliate programs that include Minted.com and Birthday Express. This is a great way to generate revenue in your party posts. Oriental Trading also offers an affiliate program separately through their website.
To see some of Krystal’s party planning posts visit Krystal’s Kitsch.
Favorite Party Recipes
- Spinach Dip
Do you know the difference between bruschetta and crostini? Listen to find out!
Favorite Party Cocktails
- Coconut Margarita
- Strawberry Kiwi Margarita
When displaying cocktails for a party they are so much prettier in photos when they are displayed in a gallon container on a nice table setup. Plus they are easier to serve instead of making each cocktail one by one.
Tip for Party Blogging
- Do not worry about making everything perfect. Enjoy and share.
- Props make a party really come together and make your photos pop.
- Try your local Good Will and Freecycle groups to find Mason jars and milk glass for your party props.
- Take photos before, during and after your party. – remember to snap photos before the food is all consumed!
- Make your own printable decorations – visit Etsy.com and search clipart. Make sure the seller allows commercial use of clipart if you plan to put it on your blog and then pop it into PicMonkey and edit for free to customize it.
- Add free printables to your blog posts.
Make Gifs for Your Party Posts
If you take several photos during the process of making a simple recipe for your party and you want to combine them all into a gif, it makes great content without overwhelming your post. You can use gifmaker.me to compile several of your photos together and embed into your blog post. Plus it is free to use the tool!
Free Blog Planner
Download to grab your free blog planner to get organized!