((This post was originally published in June 2013))
It was time to spruce up my website and really clean up my posts. While I am still in the process of cleaning up older posts (so many broken images!), I did manage to purchase a layout re-design and organize all my tags. Now that I have rebranded as Sunny Sweet Days, the process to “clean up” my archives hasn’t gone away! I’ve been digging into the past, revamping old posts, making sure every post is SEO optimized and has a Pinterest-friendly image, and just getting everything working correctly.
It is really motivating to take my blog seriously, as it has evolved into something much more than just a personal blog. It has become a vehicle for my new career, a complement to my job. I am pretty sure five years ago when I started this blog that there were not as many blogger opportunities, but since they exist I do hope to take advantage of more of them. And, to really write. I post frequently, but how many of those posts are substantial? Good posts that people engage with or want to read more of? I am working on that, and I have taken the last two weeks to really get organized.
I have invested in myself and my goals online and offline. I am ready to take the rest of the year seriously and not waste any more time. It’s amazing what a spruced up blog and a planner can do for you! I already feel more organized and in control. I can’t wait to share my progress.
How to Set Blog Goals
Try to do one small task each day. After an entire month, thirty things will have been done! Imagine what you can accomplish in six months, a year! Perhaps the best advice is to just get started TODAY. When I originally wrote this post, my little blog had just been around for three years or so and was averaging 20,000 page views a day. If that. Now, it’s been six years since this site started and I average 100,000 pages views a month or more. It’s insane how each day just one simple task can help your bottom line.
Blog Goal Ideas
1. Solicit + Set Up New Ads
2. Reward Style Ad Links / Set Up Affiliate Links
3. Create a new “About Me” page
4. Set up a personal domain / Edit LinkedIn Page to show blog work
6. Schedule a Google Hangout or webinar on a topic that you’re an expert in (Yes, you are an expert in SOMETHING.)
7. Plan a Twitter Chat
8. Pitch 3 companies
9. Post review opportunities on Twitter
10. Check in on all my networking groups
11. Make a printable
12. Ask to submit guest posts
13. Go to or purchase a webinar
14. Buy an ad on a blog I admire
15. Leave 50 comments
16. Make a media kit
17. Seek collaborations
18. Edit Facebook information (include URL, make sure my description is filled out, and my custom tabs are working on my sidebar)
19. Start a discussion on LinkedIn or in a blogging Facebook group (Perhaps Bloggers Get Social!)
20. Compliment 3 bloggers
21. Buy something off ETSY
22. Plan to attend a conference
23. Design Business Cards
24. Check in on networking groups
25. Read a book on blogging (Try these Blogging Books to get you started!)
27. Ask for guest posts
28. Create a twitter chat list and mark them as appointments in my Google Calendar
29. Tweet 50 new people
30. Create networking page
31. Free Day
If you’re looking to connect with a group of lifestyle bloggers, hop on over to Bloggers Get Social and join our free Facebook group. We are a weekly podcast, a monthly Instagram and Periscope accountability group, and we share our blog links with each other every day to boost engagement.
How do you get organized at the beginning of every month? Do you have any blog goals that you would like to share?
Free Blog Planner
Download to grab your free blog planner to get organized!