Periscope is popping up everywhere! It’s the app that let’s you “see the world through someone else’s eyes,” and it also allows you to broadcast to your faithful followers. However, how can you use this for your blog or business?
The #BloggersGetSocial podcast tackled this topic on our Periscope podcast, but other bloggers have other shared their tips and knowledge about the platform. Since video is my preferred method of getting my information out there, Periscope is high on my to do list. The best advice I have to those who are wondering how to get started is to just jump in! Broadcast before you’re ready. 😉 Once you do one, you’ll want to do a hundred. It’s a fast way to reach your readers and find a new audience. Come play on Periscope! If you want to know what to broadcast, visit one of these October challenges. Hop in, make friends, and use the hashtag.
October Periscope Challenges
Periscope Tips For Bloggers
- Julie at Fabulous Blogging explains what Periscope is and walks you step-by-step through the process of getting started.
- Food Bloggers of Canada does the same, but they share some important information at the bottom of their post to keep in mind when broadcasting out in public. Nothing spoils a good time like a lawsuit! Don’t let that scare you away, because…
- Adventures of a Frugal Mom encourages you to give it a go, even if you’re still an amateur.
- Lauren at The Thinking Closet explains Periscope fever!
- Learn who’s using Periscope and get acquainted with the lingo over at Blog Clarity.
- If it’s too much info, print off this cheat sheet courtesy of Get Found With Fuse.
- Kayla at Gen Y Girl suggests ways to connect with your audience, even when live streaming isn’t really your thing.
- Rosilind at A Little R & R tells you how to promote your blog content, and shares other fun ideas to scope about.
- Elayna at The Positive Mom explains why Periscope matters for entrepreneurs and women in business.
- Ready for something a little more advanced? Marissa at Ampersand Creative can tell you how to organize your own Periscope workshop event.
#BloggersGetSocial Periscope Podcast
Give our Periscope podcast a listen if you missed it. We might need to create an addendum since there have been updates since this was released!
How will you use Periscope to work for your blog?
Free Blog Planner
Download to grab your free blog planner to get organized!